Sunday, January 1, 2012

Apothecary Art & Happy New Year

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this 1st day of 2012 finds you all well and happy!

I hope you all had a safe and happy New Years Eve!

We had a very lazy day yesterday. I cooked a four bone Rib Roast with baked veggies and salad for our New Years Eve dinner and no desert! I think we are in agreement that, that part of our previous dinners has got to go! We spent the day playing in the craft room Jeff conquering the world and I with my new toys! Yippee, the Man in Brown can late Friday night and dropped off a big box of goodies, so I got to play all day.

Here is my first creation of the year.

I used several new products you will see in the New Occasions Mini Catalog - Apothecary Art Stamp Set, A Hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes, SU's Framelits - Labels Collection, Edgelits-Adorning Accents, 1/8th Organdy Ribbon in Calypso Coral, Calypso Coral Bakers Twine and the Sale-S-Bration (SAB) Designer Series Paper (DSP) Everyday Enchantments and of course Pearls.
Somethings I thought were extra fun were, while playing with the Edgelits Die I was able to make the circle trim (displayed in Pool Party CS) by placing the edges close. After I made the first initial cut I placed the die very close together flipped it over then lined it up to make a circle and cut it again. *Hot Tip  I had to use a bit of tape to secure the die from slipping.
The second item I played around with was that I ran a needle and thread through the Organdy Ribbon to make this cute Ribbon embellishment along the right side of the stamped image. Close up it looks like tiny Ribbon Candy.
Here is the inside of the card and and envelope. I hope you enjoy this card and find some inspiration from it.

I also hope you find time to play this weekend. Let's make this a great New Year of crafting and fun!

4 comments:

Anita said...

Stunning cards! I love the peeks.

craftystamper said...

Good playing my friend. You did an awesome job coloring and integrating a lot of the new "goodies" into your design.

Carey said...

I have some new goodies but have been so busy haven't had time to play. Thanks for the inspiration. Love ya,
Carey and Roscoe

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patrice! I love colors you selected!