Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Merry Mondays Challenge #3

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I know it is Tuesday right! But it's never too late for Merry Mondays! Lesley has a great sketch for us over at http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.com/
It is week  #3 and we are continuing our counting down to Christmas. Here is Lesley's great sketch;
 Clean and Simple cards are really very hard for me. I am usually a Santa kind of gal using traditional green and red colors but, when you are making cards all year long I figured I don't have to make 30 of the same cards any more and can have more fun with what I create. So here goes. This one is really stepping out of my comfort zone.

My niece  would love to have this fun little card. I turned and lowered the images, added some texture a few layers and lot's of fun colors.
Here is a look at the inside too.
I hand made the background strip using markers to color in the snowflakes.

So here is the deal... I couldn't handle it I had to make another card. I was not happy with the first one lolol So out of my element.  Here is my second try! I tried to make it a little old fashioned.
I added just a hint of sparkle to the Santa image and a coat to rim to the Label. The banner is lifted just a bit.

I did do something interesting to the edge of the Label to make it sparkle.
First. I put a couple drops of VersaMark reinker into the lid of a VersaMark Pad. Then I dipped the thin point of a VersaMark Pen carefully into the drops and drew a edge around the Label, every so often re dipping the VersaMark Pen into the reinker to make an even line of VersaMark around the edge. Then I sprinkled SU Heat and Stick Powder onto the edge lightly and heated it to make it tacky CAUTION! (Do not over heat)!I then applied a coat of Dazzling Diamonds to the edge and lightly pressed the DD into the tacky surface of the Heat and Stick Powder. Then lightly reheated it. I find it make a very clean line of sparkle!

That's it for today. I hope you like it and have fun creating!

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Patrice,
What a cute card! Merry and bright! Thanks for joining me again.
Lesley

None None said...

Love the layers you added and the fun colors! What a great card this will be to send out come Christmas!

Carey said...

You are really ahead of the curve aren't you? I love this.

Carey and Roscoe

Notes by Nina said...

Those snowmen are so cute, love the colours you used.

Shelia said...

adorable snowmen!!

Patrice Herrera said...

Thank you to everyone who stopped by my blog. Your comments make me happy!