Thursday, January 26, 2012

A little something until I get back

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Sorry I have been MIA. I have been sooo busy but I am almost done.  If you are a regular reader you might remember our Honda got hit by a drunk driver  at 3:00am Christmas morning. I know bummer right! Well come to find out the driver did not have insurance (surprise) although he said he did! We ended up going through our uninsured motorist plan. Yippee!!!!
I have had the Honda in the shop and got her all back nice and pretty. Then we decided to do all the other car repairs we have been putting off. So, both cars will have had tune ups, belts, hoses, gaskets, alignments, tires rotated, oil changes by the end of this week. I even bought a couple new hubcaps for the Honda from the dealer and ordered touch up paint to dab here and there.
I'm going to Wal-Mart to do the last oil change on the Toyota and have the tires rotated and balanced this morning. Wal Mart is having a special on oil changes for $26.95 BTW! Jeff usually does all the car stuff but, I decided to earn my keep this week ha ha! I think the last time I went to do an oil change it was $19.95. Even Wal-Marts prices are regularly now $39.00, how crazy is that! I think while I am there I will even purchase windshield wiper blades. I feel so empowered! Doesn't take much to excite me lololol
After this post I am going on line to see about car detailing prices. I'm going to try to negotiate a 2 for 1 deal or discount of some sort! Wish me luck Might as well looks like I am on a roll.
Now you know where I have been all week, I'll be back soon as I am going through creating withdrawals. But, in the meantime I have to show you a card I made while I was on the phone chatting to a friend;


I was looking through my stash of cool things I find that I keep to do something with someday and found this great elephant piece. (I think if you click on the picture you can make it bigger?) It took me all of 10 minutes total to make this card. I love when cards create themselves! Now here is a peek at the inside
This is a perfect masculine card. I think I will send it to my Brother Vince. Please continue to keep him in your prayers BTW he can use them.

I hope you find some time to create something fun today.
Thanks for stopping in.
Patrice

1 comment:

Carey said...

I like it. Where did you get this elephant piece? I am still praying for Vince and his family (which includes you). How is mom?

Carey and Roscoe