Friday, January 13, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #17

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I was visiting some of my favorite blogs today and came across a very fun sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches
http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com
here is their sketch
This is what I came up with
When I first saw the beautiful horn I imagined musical hearts softly blowing out from it. The SU -Rue Des Fleurs stamp set has so many wonderful stamps in it that the possibilities for creating great cards are limitless.
The little hearts are from the build and Owl Punch, the small heart is SU's also. The word love is from the Sprinkled Expressions SAB stamp set. and I glued it on our tag punch, and then slipped it just under the heart combo. Of course the Cherry Cobbler  and Gold CS pieces were die cut using the New Framelits- Label set. I used Cherry Cobbler        1 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon and 1/4" Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbons for the striped part of the sketch! I love to use the Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder when ever I can and I did so on the horn. I think that about does it for the front of the card. Lets see what the inside looks like;
The Love sentiment is unfortunately a retired Hostess stamp set called- Occasional Quotes 2010. It is one of my go to stamp sets for sentiments. That was stamped in Cherry Cobbler and I added a few more floating hearts and another horn piece to the inside  top flap. I hope you enjoyed this card. I think this Valentine has my honeys name written all over it!
Have a great weekend and I hope you find some time to create something fun!
Thanks for stoppin in,
Patrice

8 comments:

Carey said...

This is really cute. Thanks for the fun. You have really been going crazy with how many things you have been putting up on your blog. Thanks

Carey and Roscoe

Lesley said...

This is a great idea. Love those hearts coming from the trumpet Patrice. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Hugs,
Lesley

Patti Chesky said...

I just love what you've done here! The floating hearts on the inside of your card is darling!

Notes by Nina said...

Pretty card, love the colour and texture.

Jen Timko said...

This is a pretty use of this stamp! Love the ribbons. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko

Jen Mitchell said...

So pretty. I love you airy little hearts floating on the card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

Love the little hearts coming from the trumpet! Such a great way to spread the love. :) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ann Schach said...

Very creative, Patrice! I love the hearts coming forth from the trumpet...what a cute idea!